If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak may include the following:
- The smell of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances hooked up to the gas line, such as gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or faded grass, plants or other vegetation
- People inside the home complaining about symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you have any of these signs and are thinking they are related to a gas leak, get out of your home and call 911 promptly, followed by your utility company.
Sometimes the utility company will repair a gas leak, but in most instances the homeowner is liable. Fortunately, the professionals at Limcan Walker/Certified Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning are fully trained to install or repair gas lines and we are dedicated to getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work comes with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER ATTEMPT AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a lot of projects around the house that homeowners want to take on by themselves, gas line repair needs to be left up to the specialists. It is the only way to be sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Whitby codes.
From installing gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Limcan Walker/Certified Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning’s expertise have allowed us to do a number of gas line projects in the Whitby community, so no job is too tall of an order for our specialists.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As mentioned before, the first thing you need to do if you are worried about a gas leak is exit your home and then call 911 right away. After emergency responders are headed your way, reach out to your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have made certain there is no danger, call Limcan Walker/Certified Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to arrange a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, need to be taken very seriously. Ensure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 right away if you’re ever concerned about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide doesn’t have an odor and can’t be easily detected. The EPA recommends the following steps to reduce exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances safely adjusted.
- Put in and utilize an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have a well-versed professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and fix any leaks promptly.
For more ideas on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, visit our blog.