When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is normally near the top of many people’s wish lists in Whitby. A tankless water heater is a great option for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for usage, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which may save you a lot on energy costs. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use at a later time, you don’t have to worry about paying for standby energy losses like you can with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continuous supply of hot water. They are smaller in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to run.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water moves through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element heats it. Then it goes to the tap, where you then have hot water. One note about tankless water heaters—especially for larger homes—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be great enough to accommodate several uses at once. One of our experts will help you determine what your flow rate is and provide recommendations based on their knowledge.
Some people choose to install a separate tankless water heater that’s picked for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, many households in the Whitby area do alright with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the perks of adding one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifespan of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifetime of a regular tank heater.
- Most tankless units carry a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters almost never run out of hot water.
- You get higher energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient without standby heat loss and only use the power needed to heat the amount of water needed at any period.
- Tankless models need much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be hung on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be added under cabinets or in a closet, closer to where they’ll be used.
With tankless water heaters, you get rid of the possibility of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Limcan Walker/Certified Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater put in your Whitby home. It’s a great energy-efficient choice for your home. We have quality tankless hot water heater choices, knowledge and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at (289) 274-4367
or request an appointment with us online.